BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

~Quoteable Noteables

Not too long ago I mentioned a favorite quote of mine being so stellar that it was in the BBG Top 10.  Of fuckingcourse I had no actual list. 

Until now my peeps!

Yes, that, in passing statement prompted me to officially compile my favorites.  Quotes so powerful that many serve as a compass for how I (try) lead my life.  

So here you go (in no particular order):

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you."  ~Scarface (Half Baked)

"You deserve what you accept."  ~Unknown Incredibly Wise Person

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."  ~Sir Edmund Burke

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."  
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
(Yes, I know it's the exact same concept.  I like 'em both.  Suck it.)

"Is that dog a fox?"  ~Unknown Drunk Girl 
(It was a dog.  The dog of the homeowner of the house were were at.  It was a beagle.)

"Each betrayal begins with trust."  ~Phish (Farmhouse)

"Ha-ha" ~Nelson Muntz

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."  ~Kierkegaard

"I'm in charge of me"  ~Me

"The only thing constant in life is change."  ~Francois de le Rochefoucauld

"If I speak to people calmly and clearly, I can articulate my position — especially if they can see the safety is off."  ~Unknown


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list, BBG!! :)

The only one I'm not sure about some days is "Life can only be understood backwards....". Some days I look back and it still makes NO sense at all, you know?? ;)

~ Peaches

BigBrownGirl said...

Hummm...No. I never thought of it that way. I took Special K to mean looking backwards from the end of my life. (haha..."my" life, 'cause as we all know he specifficaly meant that nugget for me ;D) Because of that, I've always accepted that shit that doesn't make sense just isn't supposed to...yet. And trust that someday I'll be able to see it from such a vantage point that the puzzle pieces of life totally makes sense and fit to make a beautiful picture- even the wonky (pain in the ass, why?!? pieces) pieces. Perhaps my interpetation of it has given me the present of letting stuff go and moving along without driving myself loopy trying to force it into understanding now. I in no way think I should be able to complete my puzzle at this juncture. Funny how a quote strikes each person differently. ...Or I'm just a complete freak. Which is ALWAYS a possibility :D

Anonymous said...

That IS good food for thought and very true. But you know me - analyze the shit out of everything!! LOL

Hugs!!!

~ Peaches

Anonymous said...

I'm in charge of me- Me, classic BBG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...